Sunday, April 3, 2011

Homemade 'stuffed' miso soup

Please be warned that ingredients for my miso soup is eye-balled so nothing is really measured. I'll try to be as accurate as possible.

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • half a head of Chinese cabbage, roughly chopped
  • one bunch mustard cabbage, roughly chopped
  • one bunch bok choy, roughly chopped
  • one block firm tofu, cubed
  • 16 oz block of kamaboko (fish cake)
  • one package hon-dashi soup stock
  • 0.25 cup miso paste or to taste
1.) Dilute miso paste in warm water and pour into a large pot of boiling water (about 6 cups water). Add hon-dashi and stir until dissolved.

2.) Roughly chop all leafy veggies and add to pot.


3.) Add cubed tofu to pot and bring soup back to a boil.

4.) Once soup is boiling, lower heat and slowly pour in whisked eggs while stirring the pot. This creates strands of cooked egg (think egg drop soup style).
5.) Enjoy with some rice at the bottom of the bowl.

Mini-Review
I have grown up eating miso soup so I LOVE it! You can substitute almost any veggie that you want in this recipe, but the ones I used are 'traditional' in my family. I usually use fresh cubed daikon also but forgot about it when I was making it this time!

No comments: