- 32oz low-sodium chicken broth
- 8oz water
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 0.5 tbsp thyme
- 0.5 tbsp basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1.5 lbs uncooked chicken breast, cubed
- 0.5c uncooked black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 0.5c uncooked barley, rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large russet potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 8 tbsp plain greek yogurt (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
1.) Combine chicken broth, water, garlic, herbs, and pepper in slow cooker. Add chicken, black-eyed peas, and barley.
2.) Then layer onions, potatoes, and carrots on top. Veggies should be covered with liquid in slow cooker, but if not, add more broth. Do not stir!