Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pumpkin pie oatmeal

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup old-fashion oats
  • 1.5 cups milk
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 banana, mashed up
  • 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 tsp. stevia/agave (or to taste)
  • 2 tsp. maca powder (optional)
1.) Combine milk and oats the night before and store in the refrigerator.

2.) In the morning, microwave oats enough to warm them but they shouldn't need cooking due to the long milk bath. Add all other ingredients to warmed oats.

3.) Mix and enjoy!
Mini-Review
I love pumpkin! And I love oatmeal! So this was super yummy and really convenient if made ahead of time. I usually double the recipe which makes enough oatmeal to last me three to four servings. I think a little more sweetness and pumpkin pie spice would have been perfect!

No comments: